By Oak, Ash & Thorn
Modern Celtic Shamanism
by D.J. Conway
Many seekers are interested in shamanism because it is a spiritual path that can be followed in conjunction with any religion or other spiritual belief without conflict. But Native American and African peoples were not the only cultures to traditionally practice shamanism. For centuries, shamanism was practiced by Europeans, as well - including the Celts.
By Oak, Ash & Thorn presents a modern system of Celtic shamanism, inspired by old writings that suggest that the Druidic order was not the sole system of Celtic religious - that other Celts, who were neither Druids nor bards, possessed and used shamanic powers of healing and prophecy. This practical guide, which blends the best of shamanism's old ways to new, tells you how to:
- Heal shamanically by correcting the color of the body's light centers through controlling and realigning energy
- Use shape-shifting to improve your spiritual and bodily existence, and to become invisible
- Learn how to recognize the signs of a shattered soul, and how to mend the soul self
- Divine by Celtic methods: stone, omen stick and Ogham alphabet
- Find how to use magick and identify various beings while pathworking in the three Celtic Otherworlds
- Take a personal test to help you understand your true feelings and motives for wanting to become a shaman
Until now, very little has been written about the more private mystical practices of Celts. This inspiring book ensures that Celtic shamanism will take its rightful place among the spiritual practices that help us lead richer lives.