Purchase and Redemption of A Gift Certificate
Gift Certificates are purchased just like any other item in our store. You can pay for them using the standard payment methods. Once purchased and approved, the value of the Gift Certificate is automatically added to your personal Gift Certificate Account.
You have purchased a Gift Certificate - Now What?
To see, use and/or forward your Gift Certificate, Login to your Account.
On the front page under Shopping Cart you will see a button "Send a Gift" and your Gift Certificate Balance directly below that button.
You can use this balance towards your personal purchases in partial or in full OR
Send A Gift Certificate: Click on the "Send A Gift" Button and follow the instructions to fill out the information and to email to another person(s).
You are the Receiver of a Gift Certificate - Now What?
If you have received a Gift Certificate directly from 13 Moons Adminisitration and have an account with us: The amount is automatically entered into your Gift Certificate Balance. Your "Gift Certificate Balance" is found on the front page after logging in, found under "Shopping Cart" on the right hand side.
If you have receieved a Gift Certificate from a family member or friend by email:
The Gift Certificate will contain details of who sent you the Gift Certificate, along with possibly a short message from them. The email will also contain the Gift Certificate Redemption Code. It is probably a good idea to print out this email for future reference if you are not going to activate it at that moment.
You can redeem the Gift Certificate in two ways:
- Click on the link contained within the email for this purpose. This will take you to the store's Redeem Gift Certificate page.
- If you have an account with us, all you have to do is click on the link and the amount is automatically entered into your account. You are done, nothing further to do with redeeming the code.
- If you do not have an account with us, you will be prompted to create an account before the Gift Certificate is placed in your Gift Certificate Account. Once you have clicked on the link, created an account and the amount is entered into your account, you are done! There is no need to further enter the redemption code. The amount now shows in your account under the Shopping Cart.
I have items in my shopping cart and want to use my Gift Certificate funds - Now What?!
Check Out: Step 1 of Check Out is Shipping Information.
Step 2 of Check Out is Payment Information.
- On Step 2 of Check Out, under Your Total, if you have Gift Certificate Funds, you will see a Gift Certificate Box to enter redemption code and the amount to apply. Do Not enter a Redemption Code unless you have a new gift certificate to redeem which has not been entered into your account. If you have followed the above steps of redeeming a Gift Certificate, your balance is already in your account. What you need to do now is only enter the amount you would like to apply to this order. Type in the dollar and cent figure you would like to apply from the balance which shows directly under that box.
- Once you have entered the amount to apply from the funds in your Gift Certificate Account, you will need to select a payment method for check out to occur:
**If the Gift Certificate Balance covers your total balance due, please select Check/Money Order and proceed with checkout.
**If you owe a balance over the amount of the Gift Certificate amount, select your preferred payment method to cover the cost of your purchase and proceed with checkout
- Any funds remaining in your Gift Certificate Balance after checkout will remain in your Gift Certificate Account for future use.
Most Common Problem: You type in the Redemption Code and you receive a message of Error: Code Not Valid. The reason you see this Error is because the Code has previously been automatically entered into your account when you originally received the gift certificate. Therefore...
Type in the amount you want to use toward your purchase; Do not type in the code again.
Email us if you have any problems or questions on your Gift Certificate. Thank you!