Handmade Red Poppet
From Nokomis' Poppet Collection
Pagan Made 8 inch Poppet made of cotton. Can be used to represent male or female and each is ready for you to customize for your personal use.
Each hand made poppet comes to you unstuffed and unadorned. By crafting and personalizing your voodoo doll/poppet, you are adding your energies, powers and intentions thus creating a powerful magical creation to work with and for you.
DIY Suggested Instructions:
- Each is fully sewn with the back open, allowing you to fill the body with fiberfill stuffing, herbs, grasses, moss, old nylons, cotton balls, etc Fill the arms and legs first.
- Add personal items in the head and mid section, then add more filling before you secure the back. Items to add can be spell items such as herbs, stones, etc. and anything linking the doll to the person it is to represent such as paper with name or information written on it, finger nails clippings, hair snippings, jewelry, photograph, etc.
- Once the doll is stuffed, stitch the back closed.
- Face and Body: Using art/fabric pen, needle and thread and/or buttons, create your personal poppet's. Draw tattoos, scars, moles, etc. as well as magical symbols. Face can be drawn on paper and glued on. Clay can also be used to form a face and carefully glued on. Personal clothing can be used to cloth your poppet. Use fabric scraps or personal clothing pieces to create scarf, skirt, hat or wrap.
- You may further embellish the outside of the body with personal or special items such as jewelry, charms, clothing, photo, drawings.
- Add hair by drawing it on, sewing material pieces, gluing yarn or pieces of spanish moss.
- Name your poppet.
- Introduce yourself to the poppet stating their name and intention.
- Keep your poppet safe.
- Talk to your poppet.
- When poppet has completed the work you intended, you can disassemble, "untying" all ties to the person linked to it. Then dispose of as you would like.
- You may want to create a poppet to keep working with you such as for continued love or health, then there is no need to disassemble and dispose of.
Red is known for: