By Oak, Ash & Thorn
Modern Celtic Shamanism
By D.J. Conway
Many seekers are interested in shamanism because it is a spiritual path that can be followed in conjunction with any religion or other spiritual belief without conflict. But Native American and African peoples were not the only cultures to traditionally practice shamanism. For centuries, shamanism was practiced by Europeans, as well - including the Celts.
Take one part of the world's oldest spiritual system (shamanism), mix in one part of one of the world's most popular spiritual cultures (the Celts), and bring it up to date by blending in modern forms of shamanism... the result is one of the most amazing books you'll ever use: D.J. Conway's By Oak, Ash, & Thorn.
This book is filled with information that can start you on a lifetime of study, practice, and spirituality. First, you'll learn about ancient and modern forms of shamanism. You'll discover the secrets of the three shamanic worlds, and how you can travel through these mysterious realms. You'll be shown how to communicate and deal with the entities and allies you meet there. You'll also learn about the tools that a shaman uses.
The thing that makes this book unique is that it comes from the viewpoint of Celtic shamanism, and not some generalized form. As a result, the worlds are specifically Celtic in nature. The tools come from Celtic myth and lore. The fifty entities you meet are named and defined as the Faery Folk and their kin - from the Bean sidhe (banshee) to the Will o' the Wisp (a faery who appears at night in lonely places carrying a lantern to confuse travelers). Almost fifty more animal allies are listed and described. You will also learn the mysteries of the vision quest and how it applies and can be used by Celtic shamans.
Before starting your journey you will take a test to determine your strengths and weaknesses as a potential shaman.
Other topics include:
- Shamanic Healing
- Soul Retrieval
- Divination with stones, the omen stick and the Ogam alphabet
- Pathworking through the three shamanic worlds
- Different forms of Celtic magic
By Oak, Ash & Thorn presents a modern system of Celtic shamanism, inspired by old writings that suggest that the Druidic order was not the sole system of Celtic religion - that other Celts, who were neither Druids nor bards, possessed and used shamanic powers of healing and prophecy. This practical guide, which blends the best of shamanism's old ways to new, tells you how to:
- Heal shamanically by correcting the color of the body's light centers through controlling and realigning energy
- Use shape-shifting to improve your spiritual and bodily existence, and to become invisible
- Learn how to recognize the signs of a shattered soul, and how to mend the soul self
- Divine by Celtic methods: stone, omen stick and Ogham alphabet
- Find how to use magick and identify various beings while pathworking in the three Celtic Otherworlds
- Take a personal test to help you understand your true feelings and motives for wanting to become a shaman
Until now, very little has been written about the more private mystical practices of Celts. This inspiring book ensures that Celtic shamanism will take its rightful place among the spiritual practices that help us lead richer lives.
This only begins to hint at everything that you can learn from this book. Get your copy today.
320 pages; 6 x 9 x 1 inch