The Pagan Book of Living and Dying
Rituals and Resources for Honoring Death in the Circle of Life
by Starhawk and other Pagan Writers
Birth, growth, death, and rebirth are a cycle that forms the underlying order of the universe. This is the core of Pagan belief - and the heart of this unique resource guide to death and the process of dying. Filled with encouragement, strength, and inspiration, The Pagan Book of Living and Dying is an invaluable source of both spiritual counsel and very practical tools and techniques for:
- Honoring and caring for a dying person
- Grieving a beloved relative, partner, or friend
- Planning a funeral or memorial service
- Distributing personal possessions and making room in the home for a loved one's memory
- Understanding and mourning specific types of death, including miscarriage and terminal illness providing final instructions for one's own death
- And much more
Bestselling author Starhawk and other Pagan writers have combined practical rituals with prayers, chants, blessings, meditations, essays, and insightful personal stories to offer a new understanding of death and powerful new approach to the various stages of dying and grieving.
A beautiful crafted and deeply spiritual guidebook, The Pagan Book of Living and Dying teaches that death, like birth, is a doorway, another stage in the cycle of life. It will enhance the spiritual beliefs of readers of any faith and help each of us learn to welcome the change and renewal that awaits us on the other side of life.