The Witch's Altar
The Craft, Lore & Magick of Sacred Space
Jason Mankey, Laura Tempest Zakroff
From prehistoric times to the modern day, the altar has been a pivotal tool for ritual and magick. The Witch's Altar is an in-depth exploration of altars for covens and solo practitioners. From building and maintaining your altar to exploring the use of mobile and hidden altars, this book offers advice, techniques, and fun for Witches of all ages and skill levels.
Learn about the altar's role in history and mythology. Personalize your altar with candles, crystals, sacred tools, magickal objects, statues, pentacles, and symbols. Explore how different altar locations may affect your practice, and discover new ideas for elemental, seasonal, and outdoor altars, as well as altars for the dead. The Witch's Altar also includes fascinating contributions from leading writers, including Jenya T. Beachy, Lilith Dorsey, Lon Milo DuQuette, Angus McMahan, Louis Martinié, Lupa, Gwion Raven, Natalie Zaman, Andrieh Vitimus, and many more. Filled with spells, recipes, and tips, this book provides everything you need to help you create the altar of your magickal dreams.
The Witch's Altar:
- Chapter One: What Is an Altar?
- Chapter Two: The Altar in History & Other Traditions
- Chapter Three: The Pentacle
- Chapter Four: Building an Altar
- Chapter Five: Daily & Seasonal Altars
- Chapter Six: Devotional Altars in Action
- Chapter Seven: Outdoor Altars
- Chapter Eight: Altars for the Dead
- Chapter Nine: Altars on the Go
- Chapter Ten: Troubleshooting an Altar
312 pages | 5 X 7 X 1 Inches