Wicca: A Year and a Day in Magick.
The Complete Beginners Guide
by Lady Nephthys
New and revised edition as of September 2020.
Start your path in Wicca and become a witch! This book goes over 52 weeks of topics in Wicca, from ethics and magick to mythology and the afterlife. This work is perfect for the beginner in Wicca and has a great workbook style. At the end of each week or chapter, there is a study activity for the reader to do and challenge their learning.
A year and a day is the traditional amount of time to study and be initiated into a coven. You will find Wicca: A Year and A Day in Magick helps you be able to study the teachings of Wicca whether you are involved with a coven or are a solitary practitioner.
- You will learn about what Wicca is, the Wiccan Sabbats like Beltane and Samhain. Learn astrology, mythology, and what magick is.
- You will discover different types of magick, such as house magick, protection magick, love magick, crystal magick, herb magick, prosperity magick, and kitchen witchcraft.
- You will begin to understand the major pantheons of Gods and Goddesses of Celtic mythology such as Cerridwen, Lugh, and Brigid and Greek mythology, such as Zeus, Athena, and Artemis.
- In the study of Egyptian mythology, you'll know the major stories of Isis, Osiris, and Horus.
- Then you'll discover the mighty Gods of Norse myths, such as Thor, Frigga, Loki, and Odin.
- All from a week to week basis that can be used as a good foothold for the rest of your Wiccan path.
- This book is perfect for the beginner in Wicca and it’s also a workbook.
- At the end of each week or chapter, there is an activity for the reader to do that seeks to build upon the knowledge in the chapter, either through research or person experience.