Turkey Wing Whisk Broom
Black Color Broomcorn
The black color turkey wing style whisk brooms are hand made; measuring approximately 14 inches long and weighing about 1 pound. This is a strong broom to use in home and hearth to clean mortar joints in brick and stone; to use in the kitchen; around wood stoves; your workshop; while camping and for use in ceremonies and rituals. Our all time favorite use is whisking out the vehicle - works sometimes better and faster than a vacuum!
Features & Uses of Brooms:
- Handfasting Wedding Gift
- House warming gift
- Protection from bad luck
- Sweep away evil and negatives
- Sweep away debris
- Hang in doorway/entrance, as well as under your bed, for protection, harmony and good luck.
If you are wanting a broom for Halloween/Samhain or a Yule gift, plan ahead - the Autumn months and Yule season are our busiest time for brooms and besoms.
The association between witches and brooms goes back to ancient times. The pagan community would come together for ceremonies to ensure healthy crops. During the ritual they would mount pitchforks, poles, and brooms; and ride them like horses into the fields, leaping high into the air and dancing. During medieval times brooms were a symbol of female domesticity. Since most witches were female, the broom became intrinsically linked with Witches. In modern times, brooms are reminders of the power and unlimited possibilities of the Wiccan path.
About your Broom:
- The best 100% broomcorn called "hurl" is used in creating each broom. The broomcorn in this besom is hand dyed with black non toxic dye.
- A post Civil War era boom vice is used to flatten and sew the broomcorn. From the vice, the brooms go to the "Kick Winder" where platting the broom stalks is done. Once the broom is finished, it goes to the "cropper", another 1800's tool, to be trimmed to the desired shape, whether rounded, straight or angled. For your "turkey wing whisk" the shape is angled.
- Each is hand-made and will vary slightly in size, color and weight.