Glamour Witch: Conjuring Style and Grace to Get What You Want
by Sophie Saint Thomas
An empowering, sex-positive guide to glamour magic with spells and fashion advice for all budgets and body types.
Glamour Witch provides both a vivid history book of glamour and a beauty grimoire, or spell book, rich with rituals to implement glamour in your life and much more:
- Glamour tips for skin care, hair, clothing, body modifications, jewelry, perfume and more
- A chapter on how to use color magic to enhance your appearance
- The real deal when it comes to astrology, dating, and healthy relationships
- Spells and rituals for self-protection, celebrating your gender identity, using lunar magic to charm your sex toys, and a post-breakup and "cord-cutting" ceremony
- Tips on finding fashion inspiration from ancestors
Sophie Saint Thomas knows fashion and glamour and how to use them to make magic happen. “Vanity is not a sin,” she writes, “but a tool of power to be embraced. Costume is power, and through fashion, makeup, and other glamour magick tools, we can step into such power.”
In Glamour Witch, Sophie offers a history of glamour magick from a modern perspective complete with a bounty of glamour magick spells. Her message is that not only can you have fun with your appearance - be it a sparkly David Bowie-esque getup or a laid-back wood nymph vibe - but you can also use glamour to express yourself and get what you want.
- People are turning to this form of self-care more than ever.
- Men are increasingly being included in wellness, fashion, and jewelry trends.
- It’s high time that more people know that you can use your dress for power before some idiot tries to use it against you (insert throwback to being called to the principal’s office for dress code violations)
- .Embracing glamour and dress is no longer a tool of repression but a tool of expression - and this book will teach you how, at all price points and for all genders.
208 Pages | 6 x 8 inches | Paperback
About the Author:
Sophie Saint Thomas is an acclaimed queer sex writer and witch living in Brooklyn, New York and originally from the Virgin Islands. She has been a columnist for VICE, a producer at MTV Networks, and is currently a full-time freelance writer. Her work has appeared in GQ, Allure, Glamour, Marie Claire, PRIDE, Cosmopolitan, Harper’s Bazaar, Playboy, Noisey, Broadly, High Times, Refinery29, Mic, Nylon, and Gawker, among others. She is the witchcraft columnist for “Queer Sex Coven” with Autostraddle. In July of 2019, Saint Thomas became the resident astrologer at Allure.
"Sophie Saint Thomas is without a doubt one of the most glamorous, enchanting witches anyone could ever meet. Her guide to style and beauty is not to be missed!” —Annabel Gat, author of The Astrology of Love and Sex and The Moon Sign Guide
“Glamour Magic is the perfect book for anyone who wants to learn the powerful magic that beauty and seduction offer." —Sarah Lyons (@citymystic), author of How to Study Magic and Revolutionary Witchcraft
"Sophie Saint Thomas's Glamour Witch is a dynamic and provocative work on the power of bewitchment with aesthetics. Rich with historical accounts of how glamour has been used around the world throughout time, the book integrates pop culture references and magical notions to deliver an empowering work for the modern witch. . . . A must-read for anyone looking to add beauty, fashion, and adornment to their magical practice." —Michael Herkes, author of The GLAM Witch and Glamcraft
“In this punchy guide to glamour magic, Sophie Saint Thomas argues that ‘glamour is power’ and urges readers to harness its possibilities and ‘wield [it] to [their] advantage.’ Readers drawn to witchcraft—or simply seeking a fun way to rethink style, beauty, and confidence—will find in Glamour Magic much to enjoy and more than a few beauty techniques to try.” —Publishers Weekly